Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Why "Lim" ??


Assalamualaikum w.r.t and a very good day to all readers....

Some people keep asking me, why "Fadzili Lim" is used in almost all of my profiles' name such as in Facebook and Yahoo! Messenger even there is no "Lim" word in my full name?

Actually, there's a "Lim" in my full name but it is at the end of my father's name, Muhammad Noor Fadzili bin Noor Azman Lim. My father, before he married my mother, he was a Chinese (Malacca Baba and Nyonya - a mixture of Chinese and Malay cultures) and he was not in Islam as his religion. His name before he changed to an Islamic name is Gilbert Lim Kim Chuan where his family always call him Gilbert most of the time.

Well, since my name is so long and most of people are calling me "Fadzili", so I suggest to use "Fadzili" and a "Lim" as a sign that I'm a "Lim" generation. It's funny, huh? But, it's true.

Thus, in order continue our "Lim" heritage, three of us - brothers, planned to put "Lim" as the sir name of our child in the future. Insya-Allah...

Thank you and Assalamualaikum ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment